Last updated: February 08, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Posture Leader.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Posture Leader Health Technologies LTD., 600 – 1350 BURRARD STREET VANCOUVER BC V6Z 0C2 CANADA.
- Country refers to: British Columbia, Canada.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of the Company, perform services related to the Service, or assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Physical characteristics data (height, weight, length of arm range, primary hand, gender, movement, and posture)
- Employment data
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services
(Third-party services include Google and Apple.)
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your account on that Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities, or Your contact list associated with that account.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding Your location:
We do not need or use user location, but for connecting to a Bluetooth device, as described by Google in this link, it is required for a Bluetooth adapter to work.
We use this information to provide the Bluetooth features of Our Service. This information is not uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server and will not be stored on Your device by Us.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time through Your Device settings.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different Service functionalities that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that We offer that are similar to those You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving Our Service, products, services, marketing, and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service to contact You.
- For External Processing: We transfer information to Our corporate affiliates, Service Providers, and other partners who process it for Us, based on Our instructions, and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. These partners provide Us with services globally, including for customer support, information technology, payments, sales, marketing, data analysis, research, and surveys.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for more extended time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
Usage, Performance and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of Our Service.
- The Flutter SDK by Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Yahoo Flurry: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html
- If You wish to opt-out of these services on Your device, You can “limit ad tracking” on Your device. For more information You can visit the following:
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires permission from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.